Thursday, February 27, 2014

Make it Manly at Paper Crafting Journey!!

Todays post is written with a heavy heart! My cousin who had been living a very healthy, active, full life but living with a brain tumour for the past 20 years, finally lost his battle yesterday. Although I had not seen him for a long time it has still hit me pretty hard. It is not fair that someone so young (he was in his early 40's)  had to leave us so early! He is no longer in pain and has donated his organs so has given new life to others and he is now a beautiful star in the sky tonight shining brighter than the others with my Auntie and Grandparents welcoming him with open arms!! But leaves his Mum, Dad and sister (and the rest of his extended family) grieving... I can't begin to imagine how they are feeling right now... :( I am kind of feeling at a loss and not really into creating...
But it is time for a new challenge at Paper Crafting Journey and this fortnights challenge is Make it Manly which I think is something we sometimes struggle with because to be honest it is easy to make girl cards cos you can add bling and flowers and pretty things!! But I do love making cards for boys/men because it's a challenge and I have mainly boys to make cards for.
We are sponsored  by 
KennyK shop badge
 this fortnight and we got to play with some of their images!
How fab is this dude! As with most male cards I keep them pretty simple!!So I coloured the image in with tria markers and added kindyglitz to the cake! I then embossed the orange card stock with a happy birthday embossing folder which I think inked over with walnut stain distress ink! I then just added the punched out stars and the button!!
I hope that you will join us this fortnight  at Paper Crafting Journey and share your manly cards.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alethea, so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Your card is fabulous too, I make a lot of male cards too as there is a lot in our family.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!