Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Baubles with Crafty Sentiments Designs

Hi everyone, Hope you're enjoying this beautiful sunshine (oops that may just be me that is experiencing the nice weather - LOL) or keeping warm if your in the northern hemisphere!!..I'll stop talking rubbish and just get on with my post!!
A couple of weeks ago my brother asked if I could decorate some ornaments for a friend of his, so me being a person that is unable to say no... took on the task!! Well two weeks later and I've finally finished them!! I originally got some sparkly pink baubles and wrote on them with kindyglitz but wasn't too happy and when I sent a picture to my brother he said they needed more!! Now I am no artist so wasn't sure what to do. So while browsing through all my blogs that I follow I came across Kristy's blog from The Odd Girl and just loved the ornament she had made and decided that was what i was going to do!!
So I found some images that i thought would look cute, got some cotton balls, got my thinking cap on and here are two of the ornaments using Crafty sentiments images

 I used Christmas Penguin for this decoration. Coloured him/her in with tria markers and added rock candy stickles to his/her belly!! I put unrolled cotton wool inside the bauble and tried to get a bit of glue in there to stick it down (not sure how effective I was). I also added some glittery embossing powder for a bit of sparkle!! (sorry about the glare, couldn't get a decent picture)
 This is the back of the bauble!! I sprayed it with fake snow spray, then realised (after two days) that it may not dry. But I went ahead and wrote the name and year with Kindyglitz and that dried although it may peel off.. Will have to wait and see but the snow has set a bit more so it may be ok!!
 I used the snowman freebie from Crafty sentiments designs for this one!! I coloured it in with tria markers and added kindyglitz to the hat and rock candy stickles to the rest of the snowman. I acctually sprayed the fake snow inside the bauble this time but as a result makes the snowman hard to see!!  did actually wipe the inside so it's clearer than it was!! I also added some silver glitter and some clear beads to the bottom of this one!! Am just hoping that it's not too heavy!!
This is the back of the bauble and again I used kindyglitz to write the name and year!!
The girls at Crafty Sentiments have showcased my penguuin bauble on the http://craftysentimentsinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/ so thank you!! I feel very honoured!! Loved making these baubles and I think they turned out fabulous!!
I would like to enter these into the following challenges:
* Crafty Sentiments facebook challenge - Anything Goes
* Crafty Sentiments - Snowmen or Ladies
* No Matter Which Challenge - Christmas
* Di's Digi Designs - Christmas creation - anything but a card
* Stampin for the Weekend - Let it Snow
* Stampin with the Dragon - Anything Goes
* Sweet n Sassy - Christmas
* Wags n Whiskers - Anything Goes
* 4 Crafty Chicks - Snowmen
* Charizma Cards - Christmas
* Sweet Stampin Christmas - Anything Goes
* Crafts and Me - Anything Goes with optional Christmas Ornament
* Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Anything But a Card

9 comments:

  1. oh these are just too cute - a fabulous idea .. will look amazing hung on the tree
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a briljant creation, love it, thanx for joining us at NMWC and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Alethea, these are absolutely stunning ornaments. Thanks so much for playing this time at Crafty Sentiments, Di's Digi Designs and Wags N Whiskers! Hope yo see you back soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alethea your snow baubles are fabulous !! Thanks so much for joining us this wek at Crafty Sentiment Designs and for using our cool images !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ornaments turned out lovely! Thank you for sharing them in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful decorations and beautiful keepsakes. Love them. Thanks for joining NMW Challenges this month, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fantastic! What a great idea - and I'm sure they will just love that they are personalized. Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you will join in again next month.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are sooo cute! How creative you are! I've never tackled ornaments like this so in my book you are very brave! :) Thanks so much for playing along in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable...love them!
    Thanks for joining us at Dui's challenge blog this time.

    Rina ~~DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!