Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A heavy heart and a birthday!!

I had planned to make a card a night so I could post everyday but I've already failed cos I haven't made a card tonight. I've been busy chatting on the phone and on facebook keeping family informed about my nan who is slowly losing her battle with cancer!!! It is so hard to watch someone you love who has been so independent all her life slowly lose her independence!! It saddens me every time I see her, just a shadow of herself yet she still has this spark in her eye!! I visit her as often as I can but it's just not as often as I would like!! All I can do is let her know how much I love her!!
On a happier note, it's my friend's husbands 40th birthday today and although this card is late (again) I really love it and hopefully he does too!!!
I used 60's Stefan from Tickled Pink Stamps and coloured him in with tria markers. I think I started following a sketch ( but I can't remember from where) but i then went off on a tangent and this is how it turned out!! The papers are from Kaisercraft I think, i then just added the embellishments to finish off the card!! I inked around the cream CS with Walnut stain distress ink and the number 40 which I painted with adirondack paint.
* Tickled Pink Stamps - Anything Goes
* Allsorts  - Free and Easy
* Fussy and Fancy - Polka Dots
* Lilypad - Patterned Paper
* Crafty Ribbons - One for the Men or Boys
* Craft us Crazy - Anything Goes
* DYSU - Anything Goes
* Cute Card Thursday - Buttons and Bows

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your nan!
    Your card is beautiful sweetie and I´m sure your friends husband will love it too.
    Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your nan, it is really difficult to see someone you love suffer so much.
    Your card is wonderful, Stafan looks fab and your embellishments are perfect too!
    Thanks for joining us at TPS this week
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is so cool! Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Alethea to hear about your nan. xxx
    Your card is fabulous and I am sure your friends husband will love it.

    Sending you lots of virtual ((((Hugs))))
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a sad time for you yet you've made a wonderfully whimsical card. I'm sure you are a blessing to your nan and brighten her days with your love. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card in the Lily Pad Cards gallery, it sure made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. xxxx so sorry to hear about your nan. Your card looks amazing I love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your Nan.
    I love your card - such a great image.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about your Nan. Your card made me chuckle. I love the image, your layout and card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, love the fun image!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your nan. you must have many special memories of times with her.
    I love the card with all the buttons and raffia. Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your nan. Very sad!!!!
    Your card is amazing it reminds me of the hippie days!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really like the style of your card, and the buttons are great! thank you for joining our challenge at Tickled Pink stamps this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your Nan.

    Your card is so cute! I love the hippy / 60's feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!