Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trying out for GDT at Digi Bell's

My eyes are popping ot of my head as I've been having too many late nights making cards so this is going to be a reasonably short post!! :)
After winning the challenge over at Elisabeth Bell's World last week, and after a suggestion (from Wendy) I thought I'd try out for GDT spot over at Digi Bell's!! Elisabeth Bell is such an amazing artist and in fact it was her stamps that I first purchased from Whiff of Joy a couple of years ago!!! If I had more money I would definitely have more stamps of hers than I already have!! Anyway, in order to try out for the GDT spot I had to do this months challenge which is use 1 image, 2 embellishments and 3 papers!! I think I managed to get all that on my card, although I did struggle a  bit choosing the papers!!

 This is a BellesnWhistles stamp which I purchased through Elphine House awhile ago.You can't really see but the wings have clear smooch on them so they shimmer and I put some pearlescent chalk over the dress for some shimmer as well!! I just love this Elisabeth Bell image.. I love being able to ruffle up her dress and pop up her wings!! I bought the flowers at a craft show earlier in the year and i thought they would  be perfect for this card!! I just distressed them with a bit of walnut stain distress ink so they blended with the rest of the card!! I also added some buttons and at the last minute I added the shrinky dink butterflies!! I had planned on putting a sentiment there but Australia post is so unreliable and I still haven't received them!! Never mind!!

As well as making this for the Digi Bell's GDT I am also entering this into the Elphine House Challenge for this fortnight which is Shades of Pink and Blue.

Well I am off to bed!!

Until Next Time...Enjoy!! xx

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Alethea good luck for the DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love your creative style. SO GLAD that you took Wendy's advice and decided to enter the GDT Call for The Digi Bells. And excited as well, that you entered this adorable card into this weeks challenge over at Elphine House.
    Wishing you luck for GDT. =)
    Big Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alethea~~Congrats on your winning at EBW!!!YEAH!!!
    Wow this is gorgeous~~loved the layering on the image--her wings and dress~So neat!!! Wonderful papers and good luck on the GDT call and thanks so much for joining us at Digi Bells!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning.... loving all of the details..
    Thank you for playing along with us at the DIgi Bell blog.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very beautiful. Thank you for posting about my giveaway. I am now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!