Monday, February 14, 2011

LOTV meets Little Claire meets CCEE Stampers plus a work of art!!!!

Just a quick post tonight as I have housework to do (BORING) but really wanted to get this done tonight as I am excited to share both my card for my challenge and an amazing cake that my sister made!!!

First my card.. I received my SWEET STUFF from Jacque (Thanks Jacque) last week and in it was a set of LOTV stamps which I was so excited about! I couldn't wait to colour them up so that night I spent the night stamping and colouring!!! Then I headed over to the LOTV challenge Blog to see what the current challenge was and it happened to be a Sketch, so I got out my papers and made this birthday card for my niece (from my sister). Turned out great didn't it??? I used American crafts cardstock, Kaisercraft Patterned paper, Kindyglitz, kaisercraft rhinestones, swiss dots embossing folder, and I used Twinkling H20's to colour the image!!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:
* Little Claire - Anything Goes
* CCEE Stampers - Dry Embossing

Now onto a work of art that my sister, Allison, created. We were asked to make my niece and brothers birthday cakes a couple of weeks ago and our eyes just lit up as we just love to bake and create in the kitchen!! My mum was insistent that i make a chocolate ripple cake so i decided to make it but instead of standing the biscuits on their side with cream in between i decided to try it the other way and lay them flat and layer it with cream!! It worked a treat and Al bought a personalised cake topper (not sure where from) to put on top!!


It was a hit but nothing compared to the masterpiece my sister produced. Al when home and looked through her cake books and decided that she wanted to make the carousel!! We went online to find a carousel horse stamp but couldn't really find what we wanted so I kept looking and found this unicorn stamp from Spesch Designer Stamps . It was perfect!!
Proud Unicorn Digital Stamp

Because we wanted it for the carousel i decided I would like to make a few changes so after i received permission to do so I cut the tail back and added a leg. You can see the end result in this photo: (Sorry about quality - had to use someone elses camera)



I coloured the unicorns in with my whispers and tria markers  and although you cannot see it I also put some pearlized top coat smooch on them also for a bit of shimmer! So that was my contribution to the cake - altering, colouring and cutting out the unicorns. The rest of the cake was all my sisters fabulous work!! And how great does it look?? It tasted just as good!!!


Side view
Top view
So what do you think? Pretty amazing isn't it!! Al did such an awesome job!! Thanks AL!!!

That's it for me today.

Until Next Time ... Enjoy!! xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alethea, Great projects! Thanks for joining us for Little Claire's 1st challenge!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow wow wow what an awesome cake. You have done a wonderful job with the stamp. Just love it to pieces.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card. Thank you for joining us for Little Claires 1st challenge. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is precious!! Love the different textures!! What fabulous cakes too!! so creative!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fantastic Leath your colouring looks amazing. I also love the cake, you and Al are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this week, hope to see you next time. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,thank you again for posting about WeeStamps. But I am here just to tell you how I love this wonderful carousel cake. Unicorn is used in such clever way! Your sister's idea is awsome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!