Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just sitting around...

It's now 12.30am Australian time and I have been sitting here for 4 hours doing these last three posts. I am amazed at how long it takes to link blogs up and upload and write the post etc!!! Plus my computer decided to stop working in the middle of my second post so I had to redo some of it!!
When I first saw this stamp I fell in love with it but wasn't sure what I would use it for but last weeks Splitcoast stampers weekly Inkling was a tutorial to make a Sliding Pop -Up card and I knew that this stamp would be perfect for this card!! This is actually my second attempt at making this card cos the first one just did not look right. I made a few mistakes to start with but the papers I used just weren't right!! This was such a fun card to make, the video tutorial was very easy to follow and I think in the end this is an awesome card! My boys loved it when I showed them, so I'll probably make some more of them.

I used Kaszazz and american crafts cardstock, not sure what brand the patterned paper is from, flowers are from magnolia, used a cuttlebug embossing folder and coloured tilda in with aquacrayons, watercolour pencils, H2O's and chalks!! And I've sprayed it with vanilla shimmer smooch spritz for the sparkle factor.
unopened card

opened card

Side view

I have entered this card into the following challenges:
* Southern Girls Challenge - Dry Embossing
* Penny's Papercraft - Anything Goes
* Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
* My time to Craft - Emboss, Emboss, Emboss
* Crafty Catz - Flowers
I really best be getting to bed!!

Until Next Time...Enjoy!! xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Althea
    A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alethea that is too cute I need to book you in for a tutorial. Tilda looks stunning great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute!
    Thanks for the shout out for Pixie, good luck with round 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I will have to try this card!

    As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just precious! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossed background is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a sweet card! I really like how it opens up! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the embossing,your card looks fabulous.thanks for joining us at southern girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super design with a great image and fab embossing Althea. Thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute. Love the 3D design :-)

    Could you email me your mailing address at gemxh7764@yahoo.com so I can mail you your SPS birthday blog candy? It may be Thursday or Friday before I get to the PO, major blizzard/winter storm warning until Wednesday. Congratulations again on being one of the 5 winners. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this time, hope to see you again next time.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab card, thanks for playing at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! fantastic card! love these slider cards,great embossing too,thanks for sharing this with the Southern Girls. Have a good weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This little girl is just adorable! She goes perfectly with your paper choices. Fantastic coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!